Friday, September 2, 2011

My Secret Life: Bareback cantering!

     Hey guys, 

     This is just a little bit later than I would've liked to post this. I kind of forgot though, just wrapped up in school and everything. Just thought I'd blog about the amazing horseback lesson I had on Wednesday!
     I cantered... for the first time... barebackIt was incredible! Unfortunately I have a feeling I won't get to do it again for a few weeks, because next week we're doing cavilleties. [Which I'm equally excited about; they're basically ground jumps. And we're going to take them at a canter! AWESOME!]
      Anyway, on with my story. So I was riding Sunny... [awesome horse, love him]



     Gorgeous appaloosa horse as you can see above, and a sweetheart. [When he wants to be hehe] 
     So I'm riding him in the arena trying to get him to trot bareback, which I'm still very wobbly at, so I kicked him a little to hard and he tried to canter but I laughed it off and I was surprised that I managed to stay on. And then Corrie told us that whoever feels comfortable can try cantering bareback, and then everyone else took off, and I decided to take advantage of me not thinking it over and I tried it. I've fallen off before so the worst that was going to happen was lots of sore bones, I highly doubt I'll ever break a bone. Unless I'm jumping. As soon as I felt Sunny make the smooth transition my stomach lurched, but I remembered what Angela and Corrie told me. Don't cinch your legs upwards, and put your heels down like you still have a saddle. It worked. =]
     It was SO much fun though! I hardly remember it unfortunately =[ I wanted to do it longer, but then it was time to let the other class in. I'm crossing my fingers that perhaps Corrie might do more than just the end of the lesson for bareback time. All though she uses that time for cool down so, its kind of like that. =] Sometime I'm gonna have to go up there just to ride and hang out with the horsey boys, and help out around the ranch. 
     It would be a lot of fun to get to go riding around her property, and the roads near her house and stuff, even though I don't know how I'd handle it heh. Anyway, I'm just really excited about trying out cantering bareback again soon! And the cool thing is I probably won't have to do it on Tipper, who has a huge canter, and I would definitely fall off if I did it on him before I have a steady seat in bareback. Anywho, I gotta go, bedtime... so I'll blog again soon! :) 


Bye! 


~Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment