Monday, September 26, 2011

"There You'll Find Me" Jenny B. Jones :: Review ::

(Thanks to Booksneeze.com and Thomas Nelson publishing co. for providing me with this advanced copy of the book for reviewing purposes) 

     
Grief brought Finley to Ireland. LOVE WILL LEAD HER HOME.

"Finley Sinclair is not your typical eighteen-year-old. She’s witty, tough, and driven. With an upcoming interview at the Manhattan music conservatory, Finley needs to compose her audition piece. But her creativity disappeared with the death of her older brother, Will.
She decides to study abroad in Ireland so she can follow Will’s travel journal. It’s the place he felt closest to God, and she’s hopeful being there will help her make peace over losing him. So she agrees to an exchange program and boards the plane.
Beckett Rush, teen heartthrob and Hollywood bad boy, is flying to Ireland to finish filming his latest vampire movie. On the flight, he meets Finley. 
She’s the one girl who seems immune to his charm. Undeterred, Beckett convinces her to be his assistant in exchange for his help as a tour guide.
Once in Ireland, Finley starts to break down. The loss of her brother and the pressure of school, her audition, and whatever it is that is happening between her and Beckett, leads her to a new and dangerous vice. When is God going to show up for her in this emerald paradise?
Then she experiences something that radically changes her perspective on life. Could it be God convincing her that everything she’s been looking for has been with her all along?"


     Speechlessly inspiring.
     I can say this, without a doubt in my mind, that this is the best Christian Fiction Young Adult novel you will ever pick up. From the very moment I opened the book to the introduction, I was hooked. Mrs. Jenny B. Jones had me on the edge of my seat crying and laughing right along with Finley Sinclair and the other characters. She held me tight within its pages as she told me the story of this struggling young Christian woman; trying to find God again and feel closer to Him through the land her deceased elder brother felt so in love with, Abbeyglen, Ireland.
     And then before she's even in the glorious land of Ireland, she meets Beckett Rush. (As described in above summary) And I must say that from the very moment she saw him on that plane, I knew their relationship was going to be worth reading about. I even wanted to slap him with some of the horribly arrogant words that came out of that boy's mouth lol, but I grew to like him very much over time because of how Jenny formed his character.
     I salute you Jenny B. Jones for making him so admirable, even within the pages of a book a man can attract me. I found myself wanting to really meet Beckett Rush, just for the sake of saying I did. For once I actually an author with an extraordinary talent of writing a wonderful story and making me fall in love with the characters. The relationship between Beckett and Finley is hilarious and heart warming throughout the book. :)
     And I felt much more connected to Finley when I started to read about her struggle with feeling as though God was being silent, and ignoring her. Right now I'm going through something very similar, so that touched me very much and I teared up a little. That is why I say it was inspiring. And I know that every woman or girl goes through life thinking they are ugly as all get out, and fat, and "flabby" (As Finley describes her arms and thighs more than once in the book) and feel the need to be skinnier in order to be beautiful, Finley goes through stresses of her audition and being in a relationship thing with Beckett and dealing with teenage drama at the Catholic girls school and develops anorexia along with exercising excessively. It inspired me in more ways than one to see her overcome it for the most part.

      I hardly have anything to say negatively about this book, but I suppose I'll pick some things out. The only things that I can pick out is that the accents were confusing a bit, because sometimes there would be things in Beckett's words that would show he has a hint of an Irish accent, but then it wouldn't. Same with the other locals in the story for the most part, it wasn't to bad because I got the idea though and that's what counts.
     And then Beckett's words when he was talking to Finley or his father, was... distant sometimes. Like Mrs. Jones may have gotten distracted and his words lost emotion. It's hard to explain, but there were these scattered very few parts in the book that had these parts in them. It wasn't that bothersome, so I don't really care. Just some little things.
     An excellent read! And this woman captured my heart for Finley's love of Ireland, I would be more than happy if someone gave me a gift of money to go there and enjoy myself!

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars... (of course!) Well done Jenny B. Jones, I'll definitely be picking up the rest of your books very soon! And whenever you come out with your next novel, I'll be buying it.

Thanks for reading.

~Jazmine

(Note: I am not obligated to write an honest review, only an honest one)

No comments:

Post a Comment