Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Secret Life: Happy New Year!

Hello everyone! :-)

Nothing really exciting per se' has gone on lately, its January 2nd 2010 though! I'll be doing my play soon though hopefully! :-D Drama starts up again on Tuesday which is awesome...
Plus school, bleck... school is definitely something I would love to not do.
But I spent my iTunes giftcard! Got tons of music, definitely one of my favorites is Josh Groban's first album "Closer" :-)
Its a great album, got a couple of songs that definitely fit into Leslie and Skyeler's relationship in my book The world within.
I'm trying to come up with new ideas for the sequel to that book "Forgetting Everything" its supposed to be a really intense book filled with quite a bit of emotion having to do with some events that take place in TWW.
And definitely some romance mixed in-in FE ;-)
But I want the second book definitely to be mostly action and friendship, instead of romance. I love writing romance scenes, and I will admit I think I've honestly gotten a lot better at writing stuff like that. Its hard sometimes, but usually in the end I come up with something really good.
Forgetting Everything... I'm definitely going to gear up towards an adventure/drama book. And then maybe a little romance mixed in for texture... haha listen to me I'm starting to sound like a chef lol.
Hopefully the editor I sent TWW to will get back to me soon on whether or not she says it is good enough to be published, I'm trying to edit TWW my self mainly because the beginning is really low key and weird looking and I did the first couple chapters and just the description that I added, it really did an amazing job changing it into a more complex book.
I'm still not done editing it, but hopefully I will be soon.
My new year resolution:

FINISH AT LEAST 3 BOOKS BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT

And definitely not start any new books unless it is a sequel to the book I was writing, I'm really really proud of myself that I finished TWW last year. Its my best book yet and I really hope that I can get it published so I can share it with more then just my family and friends.
I need that sort of critisizm from other people that I don't know very well... if you know what I mean.
I need someone to tell me how good my books are that I don't know at all even, just so I can get someone else's opinion. To be honest I really think I need it, I feel like I'm not doing well if I don't get that "other opinion".
Which its really hard now that tikatok is no longer a "share your books" site...*grumbles* They're being really stubborn and not telling me when they are ever going to put it back up. You won't believe how angry I was when they took away the book sharing!!
It still makes me angry that they did that, I don't even bother logging on there anymore. Though I know sometime when I finish editing TWW, I WILL go on there and put my whole book on there so then I can order it in hardcover or paperback so I can have a nice copy like that.
That's the only reason I am still a member of that lame site anymore.
Me and my friend Abby were quite upset when that happened.
Well anyway, what I've been doing most of lately is pretty much hanging out enjoying my Christmas presents. :-) And the book I've probably most recently worked on is definitely "End of Time"...
I'm only writing it on google blogs, which is interesting... but I think I'm going to back it up on a Microsoft Word document sometime. Just so I don't lose all of it, its a really neat book. Please feel free to check it out, I'd love to get some feedback on it.

http://www.endoftime-obryan.blogspot.com/

Click on the link and it should take you right to it. Please email me, send me a message on facebook, or comment on the blog if you have a google blog account, I would LOVE feedback on it. Please do...
Here's a short little blurb of the book:

End of Time
By Jazmine Ortiz

Many times... I have forgotten that there is a God. When I know perfectly clear that there is one; and he is in control of everything that happens on this planet.
Many times... people forget to acknowledge that one crucial fact; that God is in control. Many people I know deny that there is a God, and trust me it saddens me just as much as it saddens you.
But as I grew up and matured into a young woman, half of the time I thought "Oh there is nothing that can ever ruin my life or anyone else's" and the other half of the time I was humbling myself before my savior.
But on my 13th birthday... I made a terrible mistake. As my breath wafted over the candle flames on my birthday cake, surrounded my family and my two best friends, I made the most stupidest wish any girl or boy could ever make.
I wished that there would be world peace, and everyone would get along. Now why I wished that you ask? I have no idea, and the funny thing is... I believed myself.
I believed that by the time I was 18 the world would be a peaceful place. But I was ignorant of the world around me, so I just assumed that the world was a wonderful place. When in the back of my mind I always knew that something would go terribly wrong, and that tiny little instinct was right.
As I went on with my adult life I never took notice of things that were changing around me, until that fateful day I realized my terrible mistake.
And that my life was about to be changed from a normal one, to a very different and scarred one...
My name is Jazmine, Jazmine Marie O'Neil... and this... is my story...
--

Hope you liked it :) I gotta go but I hope ya'll had a great year... Peace out homies!

~Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment